As part of the progress WhatsApp has been carrying out with the aim of completing the “Multi-device” mode as soon as possible, the aforementioned instant messaging platform has presented a new feature that will reach the Desktop version (Desktop), the native WhatsApp app for Windows or MacOS computers, the which will now have two-step verification, how can I get it? Here we will give you all the details.
Before we begin, we will briefly explain what the “Multi-device” mode and the two-step verification are; The first is a function that will allow you to link your account on up to 4 different devices independently, among them WhatsApp mobile, Web, Desktop and in the future the native app for tablets, means that it will not be necessary for the mobile to be on, with the internet or near these computers so that you can chat; the second is an optional tool to give your account more security, basically it will ask you for a six-digit PIN every time you log in.
LOOK: WhatsApp: trick to activate the hidden menu of the application
Knowing this, it is important to clarify that currently two-step verification is only available in WhatsApp for mobile phones, since the app belonging to Meta (former Facebook Company) is still developing this important feature so that it reaches WhatsApp Desktop and possibly WhatsApp Web in the future. When the “Multi-device” mode is launched, it will be important to have two-step verification, so that no one can easily access the conversations in your account, the technology portal reported. WabetaInfo.
HOW TO GET TWO-STEP VERIFICATION ON WHATSAPP DESKTOP
As we said before, the function will arrive in a future update, it is not known where it will be located, most likely it will be in the “Settings” > “Account” section, so we recommend you get the beta version of WhatsApp for Windows and MacOS, remember that to be a beta tester the quotas are not limited.
When WhatsApp launch the new versions, you will only have to update the programs on your PC and mobile phones but not download them. Also, as a beta user you can enjoy the new features or changes that WhatsApp makes before they are officially launched.
How to download and install WhatsApp Beta for Windows
- Open your PC and enter the page WhatsApp Beta in Microsoft Store.
- Click on the button that says: ‘Get’, which is on the right sides.
- Then, in the options menu that appears above, click on the ‘Open in Microsoft Store’ section.
- Within the Microsoft store, click on ‘Get’, it appears on the left.
- Wait for the installation to finish and then click the ‘Open’ button, this will take you to whatsapp-beta on your PC or laptop.
- Finally, click on ‘Start’.
How to download and install WhatsApp Beta for MacOS
- Through your PC or laptop iMac or MacBook enter the page of WhatsApp clicking here.
- You will get two sections: ‘Phones’ and ‘PC with Mac’, locate yourself in the latter.
- Hit the ‘Download for Mac’ button, which is at the bottom. WhatsApp Desktop will automatically be launched. Tap the file to open the app.
- As you can see they ask you to scan the QR code, do not do it yet.
- From your iOS mobile (iPhone) click here and download and install TestFlight on the App Store.
- When you have installed it simply open this link to apply for a position in WhatsApp Beta for iPhone.
- Now, you will be redirected again to TestFlight.
- Click on ‘Accept’ to get the position. Ready, whatsapp-beta It will be installed on your cell phone.
- The next step is to open WhatsApp Desktop on your iMac or MacBook, sign in to WhatsApp through your iPhone, and scan the QR code to link your account to WhatsApp Desktop.
do you have a problem with WhatsApp? Do you need to report it? If you have any kind of problem, then you should write to their contact email: [email protected] or [email protected] You can also make the same request from your iPhone through the exclusive service for iOS.