WhatsApp is an instant messaging platform where you daily receive a large number of photos or videos that are stored over time on your iPhone device, and although these Apple devices have versions that range from 64 to 512 Gigabytes, many times the aforementioned green app quickly fills them. This time we will show you a simple trick to clean WhatsApp and thus free up storage space on your iOS cell phone.
The group chats WhatsApp they are the worst enemy for the storage space of your iPhone device, since all the memes or videos that you send or receive through the app are automatically saved in the memory of your cell phone, even if you delete them from the gallery of pictures.
LOOK: WhatsApp: how to know if your friend or partner has added you or not
It is important to clarify that before following the steps of this trick, you must first make a backup copy of your multimedia files or save them on a computer, since after being deleted you will never be able to recover them.
HOW TO CLEAN WHATSAPP TO FREE UP SPACE ON IPHONE
- First, make sure that WhatsApp have no pending updates in the Apple App Store.
- Open the application and press on “Settings” or “Configuration”, you will find it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear in the lower right.
- Several options will open, enter the one that says “Manage storage”.
- Here you will see how much space it occupies WhatsApp currently and how much free space you have left.
- Swipe down a bit and a list of chats will appear. This is in a certain order where the first contact or group chat is the one with the largest number of files stored.
- To avoid entering each one and start deleting files, above the chats you will find a section called “Review and delete items larger than 5 MB”, touch it.
- Press for a few seconds on the videos you want to delete until they are selected.
- Finally, click on the trash can icon in the upper right corner.
Ready, when you return to the “Manage storage” section, you will notice that the amount of space it occupied WhatsApp It is no longer the same, as it has been considerably reduced.
How to turn off auto save
- So that WhatsApp don’t re-store everything they send you, follow these steps.
- Open the app and go to “Settings”
- Here, click on the “Chats” section.
- Finally, turn off the switch that says “Save to Photos”, by default it will be on.
Without a doubt, it is a very useful option when you are a member of several group chats that usually send heavy photos and videos on a daily basis, since these will no longer be stored automatically, however, keep in mind that to see them before you will have to download them, when doing so it will be will be saved in the iPhone memory.