What is two-step verification? In short, it is a six-digit PIN and a security mechanism that you can additionally add to your account. WhatsApp, the same platform that will periodically ask you for that password so that you can access the conversation tray and chat with your contacts. In case you have created your PIN and you do not remember the combination, from Mag we will teach you how to reset this password without external applications.
LOOK: Trick to create a secret group chat on WhatsApp
It is important to clarify that if you delete or uninstall WhatsApp2-Step Verification will not be disabled and the PIN will not be reset, since the purpose of the option is to reinforce the privacy and security of your account, so this method is not accessible.
LOOK: The trick for the Google Assistant to read WhatsApp messages without leaving the seen
Also, when you first enable 2-Step Verification and create your PIN, WhatsApp It will also ask you for a backup email in case you do not remember the password, this is the solution and from here you can reset the six-digit combination that you have forgotten.
THIS IS WHAT TO DO IF YOU FORGET YOUR WHATSAPP TWO-STEP VERIFICATION PIN
- First, check that WhatsApp have no pending updates in the Android Google Play Store or iOS App Store.
- Now, open the app and a box will automatically appear for you to enter your PIN code.
- If you fail you will get the warning “Wrong PIN. Retry”.
- Since you don’t remember it, click on “Forgot your PIN?”, a phrase that is shaded green.
- Then, tap on “Send to email”. Access your Gmail or Hotmail account and you will receive a PIN reset link, click on it.
- Add an easy-to-remember but hard-to-guess password and write it down on a piece of paper.
- Finally, tap on “Confirm”.
Ready, that would be all, the next thing to do is open WhatsApp and enter the new PIN code, so you will quickly access the main interface of the application so you can start chatting, posting statuses, making calls or video calls, etc.
How to reset WhatsApp PIN without an email address
- Unfortunately, you will have to wait 7 days to reset the PIN in the following cases:
- When you didn’t provide a Gmail or Hotmail email address to reset the PIN.
- When you have forgotten the email address.
- Lastly, when someone else set the 2-Step Verification PIN before you started using this phone number.
According to the official website of WhatsApp, for security reasons, there is no option for you to accelerate the maximum period of 7 days, likewise the technical support of the app will not be able to help you deactivate the verification of your account. This PIN is very different from the 6-digit registration code you receive by SMS or call, which comes to you when you create an account or log in on another device.