Many users use Google maps only to get from point A to point B, and although this application was developed with that objective, most do not know the different functions that the app hides, some are very useful and could help you in your daily routine. This time we are going to show you the best little-known tools that are available on the aforementioned platform that provides route map services.
It is important to clarify that all the functions are official, it means that none are in the beta version, so we recommend keeping updated Google maps so that you have all at your fingertips. In addition, they are compatible with both mobile devices with Apple’s Android and iOS operating systems.
LOOK: The guide to downloading the beta version of Google Maps
Search for restaurants by specific type of food
It is a very useful tool when you want to go out to eat as a family, with your partner or your friends and do not know where to go, then suddenly someone proposes, for example, vegetarian food, Google maps is capable of showing you all the restaurants that offer this type of food.
- First open Google maps and click on your profile photo, which is located in the upper right corner.
- Then, go to ‘Settings’> ‘Preference settings’ or ‘Manage your preferences’, depending on the mobile.
- Here click on the ‘Food’ option.
- Finally, tell Google maps your tastes, you can tell them that you are intolerant to gluten, lactose and indicate your food preferences for example: Vegetarian, Grills, Pasta and Pizza, etc.
Routes to spend less fuel
At the time of placing your destination address, you will see the option ‘Directions’ at the bottom, this tells you how long you are going to get to a certain place, the distance in kilometers that you are going to travel and the icon of a green leaf, which when pressed shows you the shortest routes that the app has chosen, also, it shows an approximate of how much fuel you are going to spend on that route.
Browse in Incognito Mode so that nothing is recorded
Google maps It is a platform that automatically saves all the places you have visited, however, if this bothers you, you have the possibility of doing the following:
- Tap on your profile picture.
- Then select ‘Enable incognito mode’.
- Suddenly you will be browsing in a mode where Google maps it cannot record any of your movements.
- To deactivate it, enter the profile again and click on ‘Deactivate Incognito mode’.
Get updates from preferred sites
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, many restaurants and shopping centers have made constant changes, such as: opening hours, holding events, promotions, etc. All these modifications Google Maps will be updated automatically so that you find out the latest news about your favorite places.
Do you have problems with Google maps? If the application crashes on your phone or tablet, or has another problem that affects your experience, follow this series of steps by clicking hereto access Google help support.