Just as you can share the internet from your Android or iOS smartphone, using mobile data of course, you are also capable of providing Wi-Fi signal through a computer or laptop with an operating system Windows, Do you want to know how to do it? We will explain it below.
Surely you are thinking why better not connect to the Wi-Fi network instead of providing it? There are many reasons, for example: there is the possibility that only the PC or laptop reaches a certain Wi-Fi signal and the mobile does not; or that Internet access is through an analog (wired) connection. For the reasons mentioned above, this tool was created in Windows 10 and 11.
LOOK: Windows 11: how to hide files and folders so no one has access
It is important to clarify that your desktop or laptop Windows, they must necessarily have access to Wi-Fi, as there are some computers that cannot connect wirelessly. Knowing this, follow the steps that we will teach you.
HOW TO SHARE WIFI FROM YOUR PC OR LAPTOP WINDOWS
- First, click the start button or Windows, which is located in the lower left corner of the taskbar.
- Several options will open, you must click on the cogwheel or gear icon (Settings) and then on ‘Network and internet’.
- Here, from the left column, access the tab ‘Zone with mobile wireless coverage’.
- Then, click on the section ‘Share my internet connection From ‘, select the network to which you are connected via wifi or analog.
- The next step is to click on the ‘Edit’ button to enter a network name and a new password. Save the changes.
- Finally, activate the option ‘Share my internet connection with other devices’.
- Ready, now they can connect to your Wi-Fi network that you have created.
- Go to ‘Settings’> ‘Network and internet’.
- Now, go to the ‘Mobile wireless coverage zone’ tab.
- Click on ‘Share my internet connection from’ and choose the network to which you are connected via Wi-Fi or wired.
- The difference is in this step, since with Windows 11 you will share internet access via wifi or Bluetooth, select the one you want.
- Go to the ‘Properties’ section and click on the ‘Edit’ button.
- Create a network name and enter a password that is difficult to guess but easy to remember, we recommend writing it down. I save the changes.
- Finally, you have to enable the ‘Share my internet connection with other devices’ switch.
Do you want to configure your laptop so that you close the lid and it does not turn off or suspend? click hereand follow the steps that we teach you in the next note.