Most of the applications you download on your mobile phone with operating system Android, they will ask you to grant them certain permissions so that they can work without complications when opening them; A very common case is WhatsApp, the same one that requests access to the camera, image gallery and microphone of your smartphone, the latter generates controversy because users believe that applications listen to them at all times, so this time you We will teach how to remove microphone permissions from any application.
LOOK: What is the circle of the key of your Android cell phone and what is it for?
It is important to clarify that the process that we will teach you below can only be done with the versions of Android 11 or higher, since the aforementioned software created this option to protect people’s privacy, however, keep in mind that it can be uncomfortable and even annoying when an app asks you from time to time that it needs certain permissions, for example: If you plan to revoke microphone permissions to WhatsApp, you will not be able to send audio messages until you grant that access again.
LOOK: Find out what it is, what it is for and how WhatsApp’s ‘drunk mode’ is activated
HOW YOU CAN REVOKE THE MICROPHONE PERMISSION OF AN APP ON ANDROID
- First, go to the “Settings” or “Settings” of your smartphone Androidyou locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, click on the “Applications” section.
- All the system apps and those you have downloaded will appear.
- Here you are going to touch the three horizontal stripes that are located to the right of the “Your applications” section.
- Some options will be displayed, if in the last few minutes you have used the app that has the permissions of your phone’s microphone, select “All” and “Most recent use”, otherwise you must find it.
- For example, choose WhatsApp, the “Information of that application” will appear.
- In the section labeled “With Permission,” click “Microphone.”
- Android will offer you three alternatives: “Allow only with the app in use”, “Always ask” and “Do not allow”, select the last one.
What do the letters “CE” mean on your Android phone?
- This engraving that is right next to the name of the brand of your cell phone hides something quite important.
- The letters “CE” stand for European Conformityit means that if your cell phone has them, it complies with the standards of the European Union.
- Basically, you will be able to plead or respond to cases such as terminal explosions, fires, among others.
- Otherwise, if your cell phone does not have the “CE” certification, the company will not be able to respond if the event or accident occurred in Europe.
- Another detail that you should know is that if the letters “CE” are separated, it corresponds to Conformité Européene. Whereas if they are too close together, it means China Export.