The developers of Android They have been in charge of adding different tools annually to improve the user experience; some of its functions allow you to do the following: modify the main interface of the cell phone, choose an unlock mechanism (PIN, security pattern, fingerprint), create shortcuts to open applications, etc. In addition, from Android version 10 or higher, an option is already available in the settings that you should enable anyway, since it will prevent someone from turning on “airplane mode” when your smartphone is locked.
LOOK: What does the name “Samsung” mean: here we tell you
This is a tool called “Secure Lock Setting”, why is it important to enable it? It’s simple, because in case you lose your mobile phone or are the victim of a robbery, anyone who has it will not be able to activate the “airplane mode” without first knowing the security pattern, PIN or password that unlocks the device. In addition, Android it will also prevent you from turning it off, turning off wifi, mobile data and location, something very important to track the smartphone with your Google account.
LOOK: The trick to configure the zoom of the screen of your Android smartphone without apps
It is recommended that you track your cell phone in the company of a police authority, another suggestion is that you do not activate the Google alarm, which cannot be turned off until 5 minutes later, until you are close enough to the mobile. On the other hand, try to take the IMEI of your phone, it is located in its box, because if someone has found it, they could say that it is theirs and the only way to check it is through the code. Having mentioned all of the above, take note.
THIS IS HOW YOU CAN PREVENT THEM FROM TURNING ON “AIRCRAFT MODE” WHEN YOUR SMARTPHONE IS LOCKED
- First, go to the “Settings” or “Configurations” of Androidyou locate it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- The next step is to find and click on the “Lock screen” section.
- A new window will open. Here tap on “Secure Lock Setting”, the name of the options may vary slightly depending on the make and model of the computer.
- Now, you will be asked to enter your security PIN, password or pattern to continue.
- Finally, activate the options “Lock with side key” and “Lock network and security”.
Ready, that would be all, it only remains to verify the changes in the following way: block your cell phone Android with the physical on and off button that is normally located on the right side, then try to display the notification bar, your phone will automatically ask you for the password or pattern, but if said menu is slid, it will be impossible turn on “airplane mode”.
The steps to locate my lost or stolen phone with Google account
- From a PC or smartphone access the browser of your choice and log in with your Gmail account, after having done this click on the following link.
- Tap the model of your phone that you linked to your Google account.
- Click on “Search device”.
- Finally, when you are near the device, press the “Play sound” option, so that the mobile rings for 5 minutes, even if it is in silent mode.