WhatsApp is an application where you can send and receive text messages, photos, Word, Excel, PDF documents, etc., however, privacy is one of the features that the aforementioned platform highlights in its entirety, so this time you We will teach you a trick to prevent the screen of your cell phone from turning on every time you receive a message, in this way nobody will be able to see the content of your conversations.
This trick not only works for messages from WhatsAppbut also for notifications from other applications such as Gmail, Facebook Messenger, Telegram, etc., however, it is important to clarify that the steps are only compatible on a mobile phone with an Android operating system.
LOOK: WhatsApp: trick to activate the hidden menu of the application
There are two methods to prevent the mobile screen from turning on every time you receive a message from WhatsAppthe first is if you do it through a mobile phone that has versions lower than Android 10, and the second, if it has this version or higher.
HOW TO AVOID THE SCREEN FROM TURNING ON WHEN YOU RECEIVE A WHATSAPP MESSAGE
- If you have a cell phone with Android 10 or higher versions you have to enter the “Settings”, you find it with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, select the “Notifications” or “Status bar and notifications” section, the name changes slightly depending on the brand of equipment.
- Scroll until you find the “Other” menu.
- Finally, you need to uncheck the switch or option “Wake up screen when receiving notifications on the lock screen”.
Done, so every time you get a new message from WhatsApp your phone screen will not turn on, this way no one will be able to see the content of your conversations and it will even help you save battery power.
VERSIONS LOWER THAN ANDROID 10
- First, make sure that WhatsApp have no pending updates on Google Play.
- Open the application and touch the icon of the three vertical points that are located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, select the one that says “Settings”.
- Here you access the “Notifications” > “Pop-up notifications” section.
- Finally, choose the option “Only with screen off” or “always show popup”.
Now, if you need to make a general query, you can fill out the form using this link. There you simply have to enter your phone number, in addition to the code of your region, and then write your message after identifying yourself.