There are many operating systems for cell phones, however, the most used worldwide are the following: ios developed by the Apple company, and Android, created by the tech giant Google. Both have gone through different versions, while the robot brand started with Android 1.1 Banana bread, it recently launched Android 12; Meanwhile, apple devices started with iPhone OS 1.0 and now have iOS 15. This time we are going to show you the steps so that you know what version your mobile phone currently has.
Why is it important to know which version of Android or ios I have? Simple, as the years go by, technology advances and some applications are no longer compatible with very old operating systems or mobiles, this because the apps are constantly updated and need to release new security patches.
SIGHT: Google Play: so you can test its new design
A clear example of this is that WhatsApp, the most used instant messaging platform in the world, announced that since last November 1 it will no longer be compatible with mobile phones that have Android 4.0.4. or lower, on the other hand, the same happens with Apple smartphones, since cell phones iOS 10.3.3 or earlier will also tell forever to the aforementioned app belonging to the Meta company.
SIGHT: The trick to fix applications on your Android mobile
HOW TO KNOW WHICH ANDROID VERSION I HAVE
- Open the application ‘Settings’ of the phone, you locate it with the icon of a cogwheel (gear).
- Now, scroll the space bar to the bottom to find and enter the section ‘System’> ‘Advanced settings’> ‘System update’.
- Finally, here consult the version of Android and the security patch level of your computer.
Another way on Android
- Open the phone’s ‘Settings’.
- Go to the final part until you find ‘About phone’, press this option.
- Then go to ‘Software Information’.
- Where it says ‘Android version’ is the version you currently have, even touching it several times you get an animation.
HOW TO KNOW WHICH iOS VERSION I HAVE
- This process works for both iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch devices.
- The first step is to go to the ‘Settings’.
- Now, search and enter the ‘General’ section.
- Next, find and click on the ‘About’ option.
- Here you will see the version of iOS that you currently have.
Are you bored in your free time? Not sure what to do apart from browsing social networks? Well, we recommend you try the most downloaded Android games of the week, you can know them by clicking hereand following the steps in the note to install them on your device.