WhatsApp is an instant messaging application for mobile phones that has two additional versions: the native program for computers or laptops, WhatsApp Desktop; and the platform compatible with browsers, which they called WhatsApp Web, the latter hides an interesting function that most users still do not know, it is the “Chat Folder”. From Mag we will explain what they are for and how to activate them.
LOOK: List of cell phones that will stop having WhatsApp from May 31
Basically they are some folders of WhatsApp that after pressing them they will show you certain conversations, such as: group, individual, personal chats, etc.; however, the only way to activate them is with the help of an extension.
LOOK: How to inform your WhatsApp contacts that you have changed your number
As we said before, to perform this trick you will have to download the extension “Wa Web Plus”, you get it directly from the Google Chrome Web Store, What is an extension? are small programs for web browsers that perform specific functions to improve the user experience, it means that the extension will provide additional options to whatsapp web.
THE GUIDE TO ENABLE “CHATS FOLDERS” IN WHATSAPP WEB
- After installing the extension on your PC or laptop, click the puzzle piece icon (Extensions), which is located in the upper right corner of Google Chrome, next to your Gmail profile picture.
- Now, all your Chrome extensions will be displayed, but just look for the one that says “WA Web Plus for WhatsApp” and press the three vertical points on the right side.
- The next step is to tap on “Fix”.
- As you can see, the icon of a green cross enclosed in a circle has been enabled at the top right, this is the “WA Web Plus” shortcut.
- Then log in as normal whatsapp web.
- Once you have linked your account by scanning the QR code, click on the extension icon.
- Automatically, on the right you will see a long list of functions, select the one that says “Enable chat folders”.
- As you can see, at the top of your chat list, you will see the following folders: “All”, here will be the chats in general; “Unread”, only non-open conversations, “Groups” only group chats with more than 3 members; “Personal” only individual chats; and “Broadcast lists”, that conversation that is used to simultaneously send the same message to several contacts without them noticing.
In which browsers will WhatsApp Web stop working this May 31
- Many users of WhatsApp they use WhatsApp Web from the browser of their choice.
- However, if you use “Microsoft Edge Legacy” it is time for you to change it.
- WhatsApp Web will stop working in those browsers that use the program to search the Internet.
- To do this, we recommend using the following browsers: Microsoft Edge 2022, Google Chrome, Safari or Mozilla Firefox.
- Remember that in this aspect it is not necessary to change the computer or laptop, but the browser.