WhatsApp has an important tool called “Backup”, What is this? It is a backup copy that serves to restore all your conversations in case you are the victim of a theft or lose your mobile device. Likewise, this file includes all the content of the chats such as: text messages, audios, photos, videos, documents, etc. etc. This time we will show you the steps to disable the daily or automatic backup, something that many users do not like.
It’s a hassle that WhatsApp Create a backup daily and automatically, because surely you have been chatting and suddenly the application interrupts you so that it can create one of these backup files, which takes many minutes to finish its process.
LOOK: WhatsApp: why would they delete your account if you put this title in a group chat
Fortunately, it is possible to configure the backup from the aforementioned instant messaging platform, which means that it will not be necessary to download applications from external sites to deactivate it, however, keep in mind that it is recommended to create a backup copy every month, everything this as a preventive measure.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE THE DAILY BACKUP OF WHATSAPP ON ANDROID
- First, make sure that WhatsApp have no pending updates in the Google Play Store.
- Press the three vertical points located in the upper right corner.
- Several options will be displayed, go to “Settings” > “Chats”.
- In this part, scroll down until you find the “Backup” section, touch it.
- Here WhatsApp it will show you the last time a copy was created, where it was stored, and how much it weighs.
- Scroll down and in the “Google Drive Settings” section, tap the “Save to Google Drive” option.
- You will see 5 options: “Never”, “Only when I touch “Save””, “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly”, we recommend choosing the latter.
- Finally, where it says “Google Account” choose your personal Gmail account or one that only you have access to.
HOW TO DEACTIVATE THE DAILY BACKUP OF WHATSAPP IN iOS
- Opens WhatsApp and enter “Settings”, locate it in the lower right corner with the icon of a cogwheel or gear.
- Now, go to the “Chats” > “Chat backup” section.
- Here click on the “Auto Copy” option.
- Finally, choose between performing a backup “Daily”, “Weekly”, “Monthly” or “No” (Never).
Now, if you need to make a general query, you can fill out the form using this link. There you simply have to put your phone number, in addition to the code of your region, and then write your message after identifying yourself.