The instant messaging application, WhatsApp, has its own version for computers and laptops called WhatsApp Web, a platform that gives you the ability to link your account in web browsers such as: Google Chrome, Opera, Microsoft Edge, etc. Today we will teach you a very useful trick so that you know when a contact has connected, it means that they will alert you in the same way as Windows Live Messenger.
SIGHT: WhatsApp and the definitive method to know if they blocked you or not
Do you remember Windows Live Messenger? It was the best instant messaging application from 1999 to 2005, as it warned you when one of your contacts connected while you were doing other things such as: being on Google, YouTube, playing games, etc. WhatsApp Web It has the ability to do something similar, but with the help of an extension that you have to download from the Chrome Web Store and install it in your preferred browser.
SIGHT: WhatsApp: how to activate the “invisible mode” in the app
Because WhatsApp is an application that users use many times a day, it is important to clarify that the web version will only notify you about who has connected when you are using the platform, outside of WhatsApp Web it will not interrupt you.
HOW TO MAKE WHATSAPP WEB NOTIFY YOU THAT SOMEONE IS CONNECTED
- After you have installed the extension, click on the puzzle icon (Extensions) located in the upper right corner of Chrome.
- If you don’t appreciate it, click next to the profile photo of Gmail.
- All your Chrome extensions will open, but look for ‘WA Web Plus for WhatsApp’ and press the three vertical dots on the right side.
- Some options will be displayed, here tap on ‘Set’.
- If you notice now in the upper right corner a green cross icon will appear, enclosed in a circle, this is the ‘WA Web Plus’ extension.
- Once you have the extension shortcut (fix), enter as normal to WhatsApp Web.
- Then press the ‘WA Web Plus’ icon.
- WhatsApp Web will open along with a long list of options.
- Check only the one that says ‘Notify about online contacts’.
- Ready, while you are chatting, WhatsApp Web will indicate the connection of each of your contacts in the application.
- You can even visualize a green circle that lands on each one of them that is “online”.
Do you have a problem with WhatsApp? Do you need to report it? If you have any kind of problem, then you should write to their contact email: [email protected] or [email protected] You can also make the same request from your iPhone through the exclusive service for iOS.
Now, if you need to make a general query, you can fill in the form using this link. There you simply have to put your phone number, in addition to the code of your region, and then write your message after identifying yourself.